you'll never see the courage I know...

never tell

never tell

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Night for The Oceans/Sea Shepherds Hollywood Hills Gala

I was delighted & over the moon to be exclusively invited to the Los Angeles Night for the Oceans. A benifit to defend, conserve and protect the Seas by The Sea Shepherd Conservation. The Sea Shepherd personnel are wonderful, like-minded people, doing the selfless work in which I admire. I was finally going to meet my Hero Captain Paul Waston and get to talk Whale-Talk with him! Meet the other crew members whom I invited into my home every friday night while watching Animal Planet's 'Whale Wars'. I just love that family! I was even more thrilled when I found out that my girl from LOST, Michelle Rodriguez was going to be there DJing! Are you freakin' kidding me! This is f*cking fantastic!


My Girl Michelle Rodriguez

Also in attendence; The Crystal Method, Isabel Lucas, Daryl Hannah (I always run into her at the beach!), Beau Bridges, Kristin Bauer, Bob Talbot, Lincoln O'Barry (A lead activist of The Cove & son of the great Ric O'Barry), Charles Hambleton (Associate producer of The Cove), Steve Roest, Taylor Armstrong (RHOBH), James Costa of course and many others. I literally jumped up & down when I heard that the Sea Shepherds would be announcing the details of a new fast interceptor vessel that will be joining their fleet on 'Operation No Compromise' in the Southern Ocean this year! Vegan hors d'oeuvres and a full open bar! I'm in for a good evening out!

James Costa has been very generous, he has opened his spectacular city-view home in the Hollywood Hills for the Sea Shepherd's 'Night for The Oceans' 2 years in a row. It was a barefoot Party, no shoes aloud! I was happy to be in the company of like-minded people and me being so obsessed with all aspects of architecture and home design, I really had fun checking out every detail of this wonderful home with a BREATHtaking view! I had some really nice conversations with Bob Talbot, some of the Sea Shepherd crew, had a great time with Michelle Rodriguez, made some wonderful friends with fellow Sea Shepherd Supporters, and I was most excited to have witness the unveiling of the new Interceptor Vessel! I wish I had the 1 Million dollars to have my name on that beauty! (I actually had a dream that night after the party that I did just that! *sighs*)

I was pleased to see how many Eco Activists and Sea Shepherd supporters came out for the cause. I had a wonderful time and it doesn't stop here, I will take what I learned that night and will spread the word even more so now. There are many actions that we can take immediately to make a difference: Boycott Canadian seafood, WRITE POLITICIANS: send a letter, e-mail, or fax your local politicians, WRITE COMPANIES THAT SELL SEAL FUR PRODUCTS!, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL MEDIA (TV, NEWSPAPERS AND RADIO), GET YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY INVOLVED!, SUPPORT SEA SHEPHERD WITH A DONATION or any other animal organization. Get involved in WorldWide Anti-Whaling Day! Be creative and be the innovative people that I know you are! I've been touched by the many people I met Saturday! And yes, We are the "sensitive" ones that lay awake at night worrying about overfishing, well at least I do! As I always say, as Paul always says, "The oceans are dying and if the oceans die, then civilization collapses and we all die. It's as simple as that."

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Wikipedia

Neptune's Navy-The Fleet Who they are, meet The Ships!

More of my photos: Flickr

Paul Waston's Speech & unveiling of new vessel



Captain Paul Watson and I

My girl Michelle Rodriguez

Sea Shepherds Laurens De Groot & Shannon Mann, they both are truly wonderful! Sea Shepherd Chuck Swift, one of my fav boys on the ship! Sweet Sea Shepherd Matt Kimura! Sea Shepherds CEO, Steve Roest, UK style! Lincoln O'barry & Isabel Lucas sign copies of Sea Voices (I got one) The first time we met that night. Paul and I We had so much fun! Michelle is so down to earth. She high-fived me and called me a diva. lol

Paul Carries Hannah on the red carpet

The great Daryl Hannah!

Steve, Paul, Michelle, James and the Chuckster!

On the red carpet

James Costa and I OMG! It's Bob Talbot and Matt Kimura! Michelle Rodriguez DJing! Good times, good times. Paul auctioning off their flag! Sea Shepherd's new bad ass logo for 'Operation NO Compromise'! THE NEW VESSEL!

WHAT A BEAUTY!

I signed...

Altho I could have wrote a book! Ken Rutkowski, Steve Roest, Shaun Monson and Paul Watson having fun in the photobooth!


Goodies we all got in the gift bag. I use that water bottle everyday and I bought that poster and book. Im promting Big green Factory! :p

More wonderful photos can be found here (I'll be adding photos periodically, so make sure to check back)

ay ay matey

Australian authorities fear that the world's only known white humpback whale could be slaughtered as Japan's whaling fleet prepares to embark on its annual hunt in the Southern Ocean.

The one-of-a-kind male humpback, named Migaloo (an Aboriginal word for "white fella"), has become a celebrity in Australia since being spotted for the first time in 1991. Each year, he - along with other closely-knit humpback pods - migrates from the icy seas of Antarctica to the warm shallows of the South Pacific and the Great Barrier Reef. A few months later, the females - leading their newly-born calves - return to Antarctica.

The arrival of 45 foot-long Migaloo - believed to be the only completely white humpback in the world - is keenly anticipated by whale watchers along Australia's east coast. He has been hailed as modern day Moby Dick, even though the creature in Herman Melville's 1851 classic was a sperm whale.

Marine biologists and conservationists, however, fear that Migaloo (who is accustomed to/comfortable near whale-watching and fishing boats) will be an easy target for Japanese hunters. How he's managed to escape their harpoons up until this point is anyone's guess.


I made plans to go to the Australia Zoo to meet Steve & Terri Irwin just a few months before his untimely death. When he died I was beyond devastated. I recieved a big care package from the Australia Zoo a month after his death! *sighs*

. HERO.

No comments: