you'll never see the courage I know...

never tell

never tell

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Johnny Weir drops out of Worlds - Mar 9th, 2010


Be Good Johnny! ;p

Johnny Weir, Olympic figure skater and star of Sundance Channel reality series Be Good Johnny Weir, has announced that he will not take place at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Torino, Italy later this month, saying he will take a short break from competition to “rework his technique.”Weir issued the following statement this afternoon: “I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support during the recent Olympic Games. The 2010 Olympics will be a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life.


I feel that I skated two of the best performances of my career, making my coaches, my family and above all myself very proud. But I would not have been able to skate the way I did without the encouragement of my fans worldwide. “And while I am still embracing my Olympic memories and have the momentum to move forward, I have decided that it is not advantageous at this time for me to partake in the World Championships in Torino, Italy. After my sixth place finish in Vancouver, I believe that I must take time to reassess my strategies and goals. While I understand the importance of competition, I feel that a short break at this time would be personally beneficial to me.


I know all may not share my stance, but I can assure everyone that
I will be re-energized after I’ve had time to rework my technique. I want to be a better competitor and win medals for my country and I hope everyone can respect my decision to take this time off.“Once again, I want to thank everyone who supported me this season. Specifically, I would like to thank my coaches Galina Zmievskaya, Viktor Petrenko, Nina Petrenko, Priscilla Hill and David Wilson for helping me make my Olympic dreams a reality. I would also like to thank my family and friends for their never-ending support. Finally, I want my fans to know that I love them and I work every day to make them proud. I will continue to work hard and I hope my work for next season will be the most exciting of my career.”

No comments: